Top 7 Mistakes During Job Interview
What do candidates do to leave a bad impression?
Our recruiters identified 7 most common mistakes:
- Candidate does not engage in conversation. Answers questions briefly with no details, does not provide examples for his statements, does not seem to care about getting a job.
- Candidate listens unattentively, interrupts when recruiter is talking.
- Candidate is not prepared for online interview, does not check a gadget before, when connected over the phone, it’s only possible to see his nose or eyes or other parts of face, or impossible to hear a thing.
- Candidate is not sincere. Too much boasting, with focus of a good side only, not seeing his minuses, no wishes, no expectations from new work, is indifferent to employer.
- Candidate too much complains about his former workplace, lives impression that he/she not ready to work elsewhere.
- Candidate talks only about money, as the reason to switch jobs.
- Сandidate lies about experience, mentions jobs not stated in his/her CV. When asked about the position and tasks, says that his/her was doing everything.
If during the interview you realize that you don't want this job (it's ok, it happens) - it is still not worth to make bad impression. Recruiters remember you and when next time you apply for the job you really want, you may not get an interview invitation.